Chapter 1: The Caravan

17810121324

Comments

  • KanKan Monkeys
    Storm wrote: »
    We should sock on forwards to where the birds are circling ahead. Something is dead up there and we don't want to be around it at nightfall when the beasts come forth to eat it.

    Agreed, let's keep moving and check out what Laz saw on foot.

    Kan keeps moving waving at the others to follow suit. He keeps his eyes keen for any signs of life on the way.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Now what?
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    the birds are circling several hundred feet away. You are miles into the forest it took you almost the full day to get here
  • Kan wrote: »
    Storm wrote: »
    We should sock on forwards to where the birds are circling ahead. Something is dead up there and we don't want to be around it at nightfall when the beasts come forth to eat it.

    Agreed, let's keep moving and check out what Laz saw on foot.

    Kan keeps moving waving at the others to follow suit. He keeps his eyes keen for any signs of life on the way.

    Proclus nods in agreement and falls in behind Kan.
  • Kan, are you willing for another blessing from Eldath?
  • SockGM wrote: »
    What exactly are you haviing Sanguis look for? Tracking footprints, following the path?

    He follows the path until he finds danger
  • KanKan Monkeys
    Proclus wrote: »
    Kan, are you willing for another blessing from Eldath?

    I am willing. How long do these blessings last?
  • Kan wrote: »
    Proclus wrote: »
    Kan, are you willing for another blessing from Eldath?

    I am willing. How long do these blessings last?

    It depends on the blessing. The previous blessing will last until we take a long rest.

    For this blessing, it would only last a minute -- I offered it because I thought you were about to approach the stairs alone.
  • As the party moves forward, Proclus touches Kan's shoulder and mutters something.
  • RuffRuff Monkeys
    Ruff ventures forth towards the birds with the group in tow. Storm in the rear.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    You make your way to where the birds are circling. As the sun is setting you arrive at a vine-covered ruin of a collapsed tower. You peer up and through the somewhat thinner canopy you glimpse the birds. The earthy smell of the forest seems stronger and the air stagnant.
  • NedaNeda Monkeys
    Neda yawns obnoxiously. She looks at the ground to see if there are any obvious tracks or signs of things being dragged.
  • NedaNeda Monkeys
    Rolled 18 on perception.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    You move a bit closer to the tower, and you see the tracks continue up to where the thick vines and overgrowth begin. You are close enough now to see the set of steps that leads down into the darkness.
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    *Jystn slides back into the group and stands with Storm. He readies his great axe as he looks around for any danger.
  • NedaNeda Monkeys
    "Hey big guy, let me see that shield!"

    Neda waves her arms dramatically, touches Kan's shield, and casts Light.

    "Muuuuch better!"
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Kan watches as his shield starts to glow a bright mint green.
  • Before descending the stairs, Proclus stoops low and begins choosing smooth stones from the ground. For each one he finds, he holds it between his hands until a bright light leaks out through his fingers, then places it in a pouch. After gathering and imbuing a good number, he turns to follow the others.
  • KanKan Monkeys
    Loving the new shining light I've got on my arm, and making sure to wield my longsword with the other hand I head slowly down the steps making sure to check each stair in front of me for anything that looks out of place.
  • Sarippus follows the group into the dungeon, though he hesitates at first, not wishing to leave Sanguis alone in the wild.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    You descend slowly down the stairs. Very slowly in fact, as the thick vines and underbrush continue down the stairs and into the darkness.
  • KanKan Monkeys
    Cut through the vines and underbrush with my longsword to clear a path.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    You reach the bottom of the stairs and you find yourselves in a large room covered with vines. There is a pedestal in the middle with a silver chalice perched atop it.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    You hear a faint whimpering coming from a corner of the room.
  • Proclus bows his head and begins a ritual to Detect Magic.
  • Sarippus attempts to see if He can tell what is whimpering and where
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    *towards the whimpering Jystn growls*
    Announce yourself, friend or foe. It would be wise to tell the truth.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    You move toward the noise and can't see clearly through the darkness but you can make out a lump of vines
  • RuffRuff Monkeys
    I push my hands into the lump of vines.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    edited March 2018
    @Ruff not wasting any time, sinks his hands into the pole of vines and grabs what feels like cloth.
This discussion has been closed.