Chapter 1: The Caravan

1151618202124

Comments

  • Through the eyes of Strigiformes, Proclus can see the tunnel bend downward towards a large cavern. There doesn't seem to be any enemies about.

    Proclus blinks his eyes open and continues walking forward.
  • RuffRuff Monkeys
    Ruff follows with Proc into the cave with his head moving form side to side, looking into every crevice for the mischievous X.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    The party continues downward into the tunnel heading west shortly you enter a round, high-ceilinged cave opens here. It has two narrow exits, one leading north and the other south. A flat boulder sits in the center of the cave. It’s about six feet across, eight feet long, and three feet high. Dark stains color its top.
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    Jystn motions for Pringle to go look at the rock. "Tell us what those stains are."
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Pringle says "Pringle sees it, that's blood"
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    Pringle slowly makes his way to the rock. "It be blood." Then he pats himself on the back and runs back over to Jystn.
    Jystn leans down and says "can you track which path has the freshest tracks?"
  • RuffRuff Monkeys
    Ruff walks over and peers down the hallway headed North to see if he can see anything.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Pringle's knowledge of the cave helps him see that there are several fresher tracks leading toward the northern cave opening.
  • Proclus joins Ruff at the entrance the northern hallway.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    As you walk toward the north tunnel you see where a large pile of stones have collapsed and you can see among the stones two bugbears unconscious. Both wearing the same bell emblazoned tunic you saw on the previous goblinoids that were entering the cave.
  • Proclus disarms both bugbears then searches for other signs of X.
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    "Pringles, what does the sign of the bell mean? Is this some sort of cult?"
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Proclus manages to take a wooden shield, and 2 battered morningstars from the two incapacitated bugbears.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Jystn wrote: »
    "Pringles, what does the sign of the bell mean? Is this some sort of cult?"

    Pringles responds: "the master gives them to us, he worships the bell"
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Proclus inspects the bugbears as they slumber and finds 17gp and 43sp and a silver ring with a pearl in it.
  • I hear shuffling!
  • RuffRuff Monkeys
    Well, I guess X is good for something after all.

    Where do you hear the shuffling?
  • Ruff wrote: »
    Where do you hear the shuffling?

    Just north of us. And up. Somewhere above us and to the right.

    There's definitely something there.
  • Proclus inspects the silver ring with a pearl in it.
  • RuffRuff Monkeys
    Then I say we tie these two up and continue on north. If those rocks in the first room are any indication, we might not have much time to rescue these guys.
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    I say we put these vile creatures into the realm of death where their disgusting kind belongs. Jan, are you with me?

    *Jystn stands above one and readies his giant axe taking aim at the bugbears neck *
  • KanKan Monkeys
    Yes, Jystn, we are on the same page!

    Kan raises his longsword above his head with both hands and brings it down on the other bugbear's neck in an attempt to decapitate it.
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    Jystn takes a deep breath and raises his axe over his head and beings it down with his full force. The axe cuts clean and the bugbears head bounces off the walls as it rolls down the corridor
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Kan swings his Longwood toward the bugbear's neck but misses the mark, sinking his sword deep into the bugbear's shoulder. It wakes and howls in pain echoing through thee tunnel.
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    Uh-oh...Pringle..finish this guy off
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Neda seeing the bugbear wake up, moves in and grips the creatures armor as she releases a blast of energy and the monster goes silent.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Further down the tunnel you hear a horn blast.
  • “Ah, shit.”
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    Well this should be interesting...lets get ready to murder some bugbear.

    *Jystn mockingly makes a horn blow sound as he readies his axe on his shoulder*
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    Pringle! First of all, what is that horn? Second, run ahead and tell them everything is ok. Just a false alarm.
This discussion has been closed.