Chapter 1: The Caravan

1161719212224

Comments

  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Pringle responds: "That horn is Garrock, he's signalling the flayer"
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    He continues: "Pringle can't tell Garrock what to do. Garrock will kill Pringle if he tries"
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    As you are all deciding what to do next, you hear footsteps from further down the north passage.

    Everyone has 1 round of actions to choose what you want to do.
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    Jystn tries to get Pringles attention but he's just peeing on himself....scared to death. "Little guy, listen...go hide. Let the real bad boys take these guys down. Stealth yourself now, and when you see an opportunity help. Do it. But by Uthgardt...if you attack us, I will personally eat you for dinner."
    Jystn runs to the entrance of the tunnel and stands just outside and attempts to blend in, while readying himself for the big battle.
  • KanKan Monkeys
    Kan steps back into the room, just to the left of the opening up against the wall. He crouches, faces the tunnel opening with Neda right behind him. Readying his shield in front of him and putting his hand on the hilt of his sword, he readies himself to attack anything that exist through the tunnel.
  • RuffRuff Monkeys
    Ruff takes his place aside Kan with a nod. He pulls back the sides of his robe as if he is a gunslinger about to enter a duel.
  • Sarippus and Sanguis lay in wait to trip the whatever it is with a rope spread across the entrance
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    As you ready yourselves, you hear several sets of footsteps coming toward you through the northern tunnel. Struggling to hold their footing over the rougher than normal terrain. As you peer around the corner, you see four goblins 2 armed with short bows and 2 with scimitars. Once in range they notice a golden snoot poking out past the side of the tunnel opening. One of them whispers in goblin though you can't quite make out what it says. An arrow flies and just misses Sanguis as it clatters to the ground.

    I'd like everyone to roll initiative
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    Sensing this was not yet his opportunity to attack, Jystn continues to wait.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    One of the goblins makes his way toward the golden snoot and swings to hit it withirds scimitar but the rocky footing causes the swing to go wide
  • KanKan Monkeys
    Kan readies his shield and makes sure to keep it between his person and the oncoming goblins at all times - he steps towards the goblin who just made a move at Sanguis and in one graceful move he slashes it with his longsword and then reverse somersault's back behind the wall.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    The goblin looks in fear as @Kan moves forward and as his sword comes down, it digs deep into the side of the goblin and he slumps to the ground dead.

    @Proclus you are up
  • Proclus steps into the tunnel. A dazzling array of flashing, colored light springs from his hand, swirls for a moment, and then explodes onto the remaining goblins. They shriek and clutch their eyes in horror and confusion.

    Proclus cries, "Move now!" as he hurries towards the southern tunnel. Strigiformes swoops low and cuts an arc between the party and the dancing colors before also turning south. The protective arc almost seems like a warning.
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    Jystn unstealths and follows Proclus south.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    The three goblins blinking and stumbling around seem blinded by the bright flash of colorful lights.
  • StormStorm Monkeys
    Shoot the closest goblin with my crossbow
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    Jystn sees the party start to attack the blinded goblins and feels his blood rise. He looks to Proclus, who isn't attacking..
    *He doesn't want to fight to fight. He's said it before, and tries to not engage. This was a lesson from the elders of my village once....*
    Jystn seems torn as to what to do.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Storm moves around the corner and shoots a bolt at a stumbling goblin hitting it squarely in the gut. It leans over and wails in pain but still standing
  • NedaNeda Monkeys
    Neda, spotting its weakness, peeks out of her hiding spot and sends a blast of eldritch energy at the injured goblin. It screeches briefly, then collapses to the ground, unmoving.
  • Sarippus ditches his half baked scheme, dropping the rope and stringing up an arrow aimed at the nearest goblin.

    He pulls it back and fires it, lodging an arrow directly into that dumb goblins face.


    Sanguis salivates at the thought of tasty dead goblins.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Sarippus arrow flies and sinks deeply into the goblin's neck stealing the voice of the goblin but not its life. It remains standing.

    @Ruff finally has his turn
  • We're being flanked! Several creatures are approaching from the south.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Ruff takes aim at the rocky ceiling above the two remaining gobbos and releases a blast of eldritch energy into the stone causing it to crack and several stones to break loose and crash down. One of the goblins is smashed by the collapsing ceiling as the other manages to somehow avoid the falling rocks.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    As his blast, and the ensuing crashing rocks, echo through the cavern. A familiar sound, a deafening horn blast. Much louder and closer this time, coming from the southern passage as you see a massive half-ogre two bloodstained curved blades in his hands as he grins and steps forward into the cavern. Flanked by two bugbears, one holding a crossbow and the other holding a shield and morningstar. The Half-ogre yells out, "Prepare to meet the flayer"
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    the remaining goblin runs toward the noises, swinging wildly and missing everything entirely ending near the entrance to the northern passage
  • Pringle! Now is your opportunity to prevent bloodshed. Will you seize your moment?
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Jystn goes into a rage and charges directly at the half ogre. and his axe strikes true but not as damaging as he had hoped.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    edited March 2018
    The 2 bugbears flanking the Flayer, looking stronger than the normal bugbears you've encountered already converge on @Jystn and swing their morningstars in unison hitting him with a devastating group of attacks inflicting 35 dmg (reduced to 17dmg)

    @Kan you're up
  • KanKan Monkeys
    Saunter up next to Jystn with my shield held high and my longsword at the ready, and attack the Flayer with my longsword - being inspired by Jystn’s rage Kan senses an additional feeling of energy and attacks the flayer yet again!
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Kan takes two swipes at the Flayer, the first is parried by one of his blades. The second catches him on the arm and he roars in pain, though preparing an attack of his own.
This discussion has been closed.