Chapter 1: The Caravan

1246724

Comments

  • Kan wrote: »
    Yes I can! I have this nice chain mail armor which I was given as a gift from my father, and *holds up shield in ready position* this sturdy wooden shield. Both of which have served me well, along with my trusty longsword and crossbow. I've got a few other tricks I've learned along the way, but those will have to wait until I can show you in real combat. *whispers* don't tell Ruff that I know any tricks, please.

    Your armor is well-made, it must have brought pride to your father to see you wear it. I have an eye for this sort of thing, as well as a good set of smith's tools. So if you need any repair work, just let me know. Armor only, though. No weapons.

    But could you grant me a small favor before we enter the forest? Through the grace of Eldath, I have recently regained some of my divine powers and I am eager to test them. Would you accept a Blessing of the Forge on your chainmail armor?
  • KanKan Monkeys
    Proclus wrote: »
    Kan wrote: »
    Yes I can! I have this nice chain mail armor which I was given as a gift from my father, and *holds up shield in ready position* this sturdy wooden shield. Both of which have served me well, along with my trusty longsword and crossbow. I've got a few other tricks I've learned along the way, but those will have to wait until I can show you in real combat. *whispers* don't tell Ruff that I know any tricks, please.

    Your armor is well-made, it must have brought pride to your father to see you wear it. I have an eye for this sort of thing, as well as a good set of smith's tools. So if you need any repair work, just let me know. Armor only, though. No weapons.

    But could you grant me a small favor before we enter the forest? Through the grace of Eldath, I have recently regained some of my divine powers and I am eager to test them. Would you accept a Blessing of the Forge on your chainmail armor?

    I do believe that he was proud to see me wear his armor, and I am hoping that he can be filled with that sort of feeling yet again. *pauses and stares off into the sky*

    Oh, sorry about that. Yes! We have only just met, but if you are looking to test out your powers I am more than willing. I accept your offer of blessing on my chainmail. What does this blessing provide?

    I will also keep you in mind if I run into any issues with my armor. Hopefully that is unnecessary, but it is good to have a backup plan.
  • Kan wrote: »
    I do believe that he was proud to see me wear his armor, and I am hoping that he can be filled with that sort of feeling yet again. *pauses and stares off into the sky*

    Oh, sorry about that. Yes! We have only just met, but if you are looking to test out your powers I am more than willing. I accept your offer of blessing on my chainmail. What does this blessing provide?

    I will also keep you in mind if I run into any issues with my armor. Hopefully that is unnecessary, but it is good to have a backup plan.

    I'm glad you have a good relationship with your father. I didn't with mine. We lost track of each other decades ago.

    If Eldath wills it, your armor would be imbued with divine power, making it a magical item. Shall we begin?
  • KanKan Monkeys
    Proclus wrote: »
    Kan wrote: »
    I do believe that he was proud to see me wear his armor, and I am hoping that he can be filled with that sort of feeling yet again. *pauses and stares off into the sky*

    Oh, sorry about that. Yes! We have only just met, but if you are looking to test out your powers I am more than willing. I accept your offer of blessing on my chainmail. What does this blessing provide?

    I will also keep you in mind if I run into any issues with my armor. Hopefully that is unnecessary, but it is good to have a backup plan.

    I'm glad you have a good relationship with your father. I didn't with mine. We lost track of each other decades ago.

    If Eldath wills it, your armor would be imbued with divine power, making it a magical item. Shall we begin?

    I am sorry to hear that, maybe on some downtime we can swap stories of our past.

    Yes, let's see what happens!
  • Proclus places his hand on Kan's chest and calls on Eldath to grant Kan's chainmail the Blessing of the Forge.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Kan as that buff to your character sheet.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @shadow as you approach from the south, you see this.

    76854f4fed17828426ae70ba76808f8e.jpg

    A 60 foot long clearing with and roughly halfway down the path is bordered on the west by a 10 foot high hill face. Settled in by the hill, you see two small humanoid figures obscured by the brush blocking your vision.
  • Glad that the blessing was successful, Proclus straightens, gathers his things, and heads down the path to join the others, confident that Kan is close behind.
  • KanKan Monkeys
    Proclus wrote: »
    Glad that the blessing was successful, Proclus straightens, gathers his things, and heads down the path to join the others, confident that Kan is close behind.

    *standing in awe for a moment at this magical wonder*
    Shouting out to Proclus, "Hey, Proclus! What could've happened if the blessing was unsuccessful?"

    Not too worried about it I follow Proclus and Ruff to join Neda and Jystn.


  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    Ahhh, Storm sees something. I feel it in the wind on the trees. Could be an ambush...*cracks his neck from side to side, and rolls his shoulders*
    I'm ready for an ambush.
  • Kan wrote: »
    *standing in awe for a moment at this magical wonder*
    Shouting out to Proclus, "Hey, Proclus! What could've happened if the blessing was unsuccessful?"

    Eldrath is kind, nothing bad could have happened.

    And it seems we are both blessed now. It has been ages since I have been able to wield any divine power. Tonight I must make an offering, if I can.
  • KanKan Monkeys
    Once I reach the group I will take my place near the front. Once @Storm returns from his scout we can gameplan, but I have a feeling these woods may offer up some challenges.
  • StormStorm Monkeys
    Head back to the group and report what I see.

    "I suggest that I move forwards a bit closer and see if I can get any further information. T'would be nice to have some backup at the ready though."
  • NedaNeda Monkeys
    Neda nods. "I'll head up with you. Laz can stay behind and signal anyone who stays behind when we need it."
  • Hopefully we can pass peaceably and without bloodshed.
  • NedaNeda Monkeys
    Storm slipped away while the rest of the party strolled along the path, with Kan and Neda leading the pack.

    Soon enough, they reached the clearing.

    "So then I told her, that's not a newt, that's my uncle!" Neda laughed, cheerfully. "She never lived that one down!"
  • StormStorm Monkeys
    Storm slips off into the trees and disappears.
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    Watching intently as Neda and Storm walk ahead.
    "Kan be on the ready in case we are needed. You first with the shield and then I'll roll around you clearing a path.
  • Proclus falls in behind Kan, expecting to march forwards soon. Any moment now.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Proclus' owl swoops off to perform dirty deeds done cheap

    Storm is a shadow

    The loud and proud squad slowly move forward. When they near the edge of the clearing they hear an owl(?) hoot, then a yell.

    As the loud group clears the last tree you glimpse an arrow headed toward Kan, just missing him and flying past the group.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    I need everyone to roll initiative
  • Proclus notes where the arrow falls.
  • SockGM wrote: »
    I need everyone to roll initiative

    Proclus INITIATIVE roll (roll: d20 +7)
    RPBotBOT - Today at 3:58 PM
    @Proclus rolled 13. (6, 7)
  • KanKan Monkeys
    Kan Initiative (Roll: 1d20 )
    RPBotBOT - Today at 5:59 PM
    @Kan rolled 9.
  • NedaNeda Monkeys
    Neda and Laz get a 5.
  • StormStorm Monkeys
    @Storm rolled 8
  • -=[ INITIATIVE ]=-
    14 Jystn
    13 Proclus (14dex)
    13 Ruff (12dex)
    9 Kan
    8 Storm
    5 Neda
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    As you look for the source of the arrow you see a goblin (#1) notch another arrow and shoot again at Kan.

    This time it finds its mark as it strikes his shoulder. @Kan You take (5) piercing damage.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Another goblin (#2) appears to be hanging upside down, heldby one ankle. It's unclear what exactly is holding it. It attempts to escape it's hidden bond but can't seem to free himself.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Jystn you're up
This discussion has been closed.