Chapter 1: The Caravan

1568101124

Comments

  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    I want to skin one bugbear for a cape
  • StormStorm Monkeys
    Maybe I should scout ahead to see if there are any more or if our noise has caused some kind of ambush to be setup.

    Did I get any help on the healing?
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Jystn wrote: »
    I want to skin one bugbear for a cape

    Survival check
  • SockGM wrote: »
    @Ruff you search the bodies and find 14 gold and 21 silver pieces. Armor and weapons are badly damaged and useless. There however is one item you recognize. The broken crossbow one of the Bugbears was carrying belongs to one of the missing mercenaries.

    If no one else wishes for the damaged and broken items, I would take them for Eldath.
  • StormStorm Monkeys
    I think we need to find their lair. It can't be too far from here. Goblins don't raid out far from home.

    It sounds like they may be holding them hostage
  • RuffRuff Monkeys
    Storm, if you’d follow those tracks North and let us know if there is anything you are, that would be helpful. We will wrap up here and be behind you shortly.
  • RuffRuff Monkeys
    Ruff hands everyone 2 gold and 3 silver.

    Found this on the Bugbear. Let’s consider this a little bonus. There was also a crossbow from one of the missing men, so I feel like we are on the right track.
  • StormStorm Monkeys
    I'll head north stealthily into the treeline watching for signs of any ambush or hidden trails.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Storm gimme a stealth and perception check
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    I'll climb a tree and scout for as far as I can
  • StormStorm Monkeys
    Stealth 10
    Perception 16
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Storm you move north looking for any signs of ambush and don't find any, you do however find a freshly killed boar slung across a pole likely being carried by the second group of Bugbears.
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    I'm going to scout from the trees and see if I can find anything out up there.

    *the big man climbs the tree with an ease unseen for a man his size.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Jystn you look out over the trees. Man, there sure are a lot of trees. The tops of which gently sway in a lift breeze. Far to the north you spot several slowly circling birds.
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    *climbs down the tree*
    Can't see much from up there. But far to the north, there circling birds like they are claiming their prey. Just waiting for it to die.
  • RuffRuff Monkeys
    The let us head North from where the other Bugbears came.

    I walk North
  • Proclus walks among the fallen, looking each in the eyes with quiet regard. He kneels to inspect each body to assure himself that it is truly dead before standing and molding the earth around it, burying each where they fell.

    Proclus then gathers the mangled armor and weapons from the battle. A trio of rusty morningstars, all bent or broken. Some ill-fitting armor not worth repairing, one rendered especially unwearable by an arrow jammed into one of its seams. Of the shortbows, two are broken, one is cracked, and the other would have to be renotched at both ends and likely wouldn't survive a restringing.

    Proclus moves measuredly to a clump trees just off the path and molds the earth, forming a hollow. Muttering prayers and supplications, he places the shattered instruments of war into their grave and then, with eyes closed, holds out a hand. Strigiformes swoops low and gently places two goblin arrows into Proclus' outstretched hand before launching up into the largest tree over the hollow.

    Proclus adds the two arrows to the one he pulled from Kan's shoulder, studies them for a moment, then snaps them cleanly and uses the pieces to form a symbol of Eldath over his offering. Standing, he molds the earth over the hollow such that no one would notice the earth had ever been disturbed. He dusts his knees, straightens his robe, takes one last glance around, then heads determinedly up the path.
  • Storm wrote: »
    Did I get any help on the healing?

    Are you still in need of healing?
  • Sanguis and I follow the others up the path.
  • StormStorm Monkeys
    Proclus wrote: »
    Storm wrote: »
    Did I get any help on the healing?

    Are you still in need of healing?

    Yes.
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    I'll bring up the rear protecting the two casters
  • Rounding a bend, the freshly killed boar comes into view. Proclus steps off the path, sits on the far side of a tree, and closes his eyes.
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    *seeing Proclus go into his trance, Jystn looks around and takes a defensive stance beside him*
  • NedaNeda Monkeys
    Before leaving the grassy battlefield, Neda kneels by the makeshift graves of her fallen enemies.

    In a rare moment of stoicism and forbearance, she says quietly,

    "Lady Lliira, Bringer and Protector of Joy, thank you for your guidance during this battle and always. Thank you for keeping my companions and I safe and for giving me the strength to vanquish this evil. Hopefully their defeat will lead to more happiness in the world. Lead us not into sorrow, and please assist in our efforts to locate these missing men. Yours forever and always."
  • Sanguis is interested in the boar.
  • KanKan Monkeys
    Simply overjoyed he had the last word in battle, Kan follows the rest of the gang to the North - loving the memories this makeshift hunting party has brought up and the adrenaline rush he had almost forgotten from taking another creature's life.
  • KanKan Monkeys
    Following the tracks heading north, knowing the bugbear stole that crossbow and filled with a strong desire for finding my lost companions, I utilize my skills acquired while tracking beasts in my old hunting parties. Keeping an eye out for any and all signs of life and traps set along the way.

    “Who wants to come with me?”
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Proclus wrote: »
    Rounding a bend, the freshly killed boar comes into view. Proclus steps off the path, sits on the far side of a tree, and closes his eyes.

    Strigiformes sees a scene much like @Jystn a nearly endless expanse of trees with a group of slowly circling birds far to the north
  • NedaNeda Monkeys
    Kan wrote: »
    “Who wants to come with me?”

    "Sounds like a plan! I'm in."
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Sanguis starts sniffing around the area, finds a pit of ashes where the first few goblins were spotted. Likely the spot for the boar roast. Inside the pit are 3 charred spearheads.
This discussion has been closed.