Chapter 1: The Caravan

191012141524

Comments

  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Sarippus attempts to mimic @Kan and break free from his bonds though the vines around him just end up tightening, still restraining and grappling him.
  • In a last ditch effort, Sarippus blows his signal whistle in an attempt to contact Sanguis
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Vinebeast #2 after being shrugged off by @Ruff goes back to the well and lashes out again, grasping and slashing for 10 damage.

    @Ruff is once again grappled and restrained.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    edited March 2018
    The vines (#3) around @Sarippus slash and tighten around him causing an additional 7 damage.

    @Sarippus remains grappled and restrained.
  • NedaNeda Monkeys
    Neda looks to the mercenary. "Not for nothing, man, but we could use some help over here if you can spare it! I've got a few weapons on me, take whatever you'd like and lend a hand!"

    (Persuasion: 11)
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    As vinebeast (#4) slashes again at @Proclus a shimmering barrier appears keeping the new vines at bay.

    @Proclus you remain grappled and restrained.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    TOP of the order: @Storm , @Proclus
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Storm takes aim once more at the form of vine (#3) and hits it causing it to lose its definite form and causing what sounds like a scream to come from the vines... but still holding @Sarippus
  • Proclus proves he his no mere wizard by flexing the vine off of him. He then drops back towards the stairs.
  • NedaNeda Monkeys
    Neda refocuses and sends another wave of eldritch energy to the vine constricting Sarippus.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Neda does a fancy pirouette to focus another powerful ball of energy and as she shoots it forth, the vines (#3) holding @Sarippus burn away. and the slithering form turns to dust.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    The vinebeast nearest @Kan once again lashes out at him and attacks, but the hulking goliath throws the vines aside as he roars in rage.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Ruff , even though he is restrained, gets a spell off and blasts the vinebeast (#2) he is struggling against with flame.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Kan swings wildly in a rage toward vinebeast (2) though the uneven vine floor causes his swings to miss its target.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Jystn charges at the nearest vinebeast (#4) and slashes it with his greataxe and connects, cleaving a chunk off of the side of the beast.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Sarippus finally freed from the wretched vines takes aim at the nearest vineform (#4) and lets loose an arrow that pierces the form and causes it to disintegrate and fall to the floor
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Vine (#2) unrelenting lashes out once again at @Ruff and covers him in wave after wave of slashing vines dealing 17 damage and grappling and restraining him.
  • Proclus ignores the panicked mewling around him and stretches his hand out towards Ruff, who begins to stir. Then, moving his arm slightly, Proclus targets the vine that last attacked Ruff and a radiant flame streaks out and smacks it.

    Wanting to put more distance between his patience and the panicked mewling, Proclus again walks backwards towards the stairs.
  • NedaNeda Monkeys
    Neda too tries to cull the vine that brought Ruff down with another blast.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Vine 2 after blasts from both @Proclus and @Neda withers to the ground dead.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Vine 1 lashes out once again at @Kan but he catches the vine in his fist and stops it.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    @Kan forgoes the shield for a two-handed sword strike at vine blight (1) and it strikes true
  • NedaNeda Monkeys
    Neda, tired of watching her newfound friends get injured, blasts the last vine to shreds.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    With a curtsy and an eldritch blast, Neda clears the room of the last of its malevolent vine blights.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Upon the final Vine blight falling, the remaining vines start to shrivel and shrink into nothing more than a soft decaying carpet.
  • Sarippus walks up to the chalice and grabs it.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    Sarippus wrote: »
    Sarippus walks up to the chalice and grabs it.

    everyone make a consitution saving throw.
  • Sock (DM)Sock (DM) Monkeys (DM)
    As the group gathers themselves to leave the chalice room, @Sarippus walks up to the pedestal and grabs the chalice. As soon as it moves, a piercing scream erupts throughout the room. The volume grows louder and louder as you all attempt to steel yourselves.

    You see @Ruff @Sarippus and Hogarth immediately collapse. Seemingly unconscious.

    The rest take 7 points of psychic damage.

    As the sound fades you see the ghostly form of an elven woman grab the chalice and return it to its place on the pedestal. Turns and in a raspy hiss says

    "Baw er shall take i chalice"
  • JystnJystn Monkeys
    *looks around at the downed party and shakes his head*
    I don't know what that lady said, but I don't think we should have touched her cup. I hope we can heal these guys up and then get a move on.
  • NedaNeda Monkeys
    Neda winced severely at the high pitched scream, then began to panic slightly as most of her party members fell.

    ohmylliiraohmylliiraohmylliirahelphelphelp. She began to hyperventilate.

    Calm down Neda, and focus. You've dealt with worse before. I'm here for you. Get to work and help.

    Okay. Okay. He was right. This wasn't the time to freak out. Ensuring her safety needed to come before she could help anyone else. Laz, I need you to sweet talk that nice lady and tell her we're not going to touch her chalice. We can't deal with taking any more casualties.

    Neda quickly assesses the scene and sees Storm is in the worst condition. She rushes over to him in an attempt to stabilize him.

    Once she's good, take a look and see if she'll let you help Sarippus.

    Laz becomes visible and cries out in Elvish, "My lady, we apologize for trying to take the chalice. We know now that it is yours and wish only to leave you in peace!" His voice is high pitched and accented, but understandable. He flits over to Sari, making a clear display of staying away from the chalice, and tries to stabilize him.
This discussion has been closed.